VOCOlinc smart sensor VS1
Click here for VOCOlinc smart sensor tutorial.
The VOCOlinc Smart Contact Sensor (VS1) lets you know the status of your doors, windows, cabinets or safety gates, by simply asking Siri or checking your iOS devices, wherever you are*, via HomeKit, Apple's smart home platform. You are able to receive a notification whenever there is any change in the status of your doors or windows, when equipped with the VS1. You can also use the VS1 to trigger scenes for home automations (e.g. open window > turn on humidifier). The VS1 uses Bluetooth low energy technology (BLE) and a replaceable battery (CR2032), which gives you up to 6 months of battery life. Setup is quick and easy. Make your house safer today.
* an Apple TV (4th gen or above), HomePod or suitable iPad is required as a Home Hub for remote access. VS1 is exclusively compatible with Apple HomeKit.
|1||Status LED||Indicates accessory status|
|2||Reset Button||Press & hold for about 5 seconds: factory reset
All connection data will be cleared.
You must remove the accessory from the app and add it back.
LED Indicators Status
|STATUS||Status indication LED status|
|Pairing Process||Green - flashes|
|Device added successfully||Green - flashes slowly 5 times|
|Discovering device||Green - flashes slowly 5 times|
|Open/closed state change||Green - flashes once|
|Reset||Press and hold for 5 secs, until a green
LED appears and lights up for 2 secs.
- Battery: CR2032, DC 3V 220mAh
- Operation Temperature: 0-40 °C
- Purpose of control: Electrical control
- Type of action: Type 1.C
- Control Pollution Degree: PD 2
- Number of operation cycles: 10,000
- Communication Protocol: Bluetooth 5.0
- Signal System: BLE 1M/BLE 2M
- Operating frequency: 2402~2483.5MHZ
- Max. transmit power: OdBm
- Indoor Use Only
What's In The Box:
- Smart Contact Sensor
- Sensor Magnet
- Button Battery (CR2032)
- User Manual
- 3M Adhesive ×2
- Bluetooth low energy technology 5.0
- Real-time status notifications
- Automate your home by triggering scenes
- Status LED
- Up to 6-month battery life (replaceable battery)
- Compact design
- Mobile device running IOS12.0 or later
- Stable Internet connection (for remote access)
1. Open the battery cover located on the back of the contact sensor with the aid
of toolsand insert the button battery (CR2032) into the contact sensor.
Starting the pairing process (please refer to "pairing").
2. After pairing is complete, check if the LED is lights up each time you move two pieces close to/apart from each other.
If it is working properly, remove the protective film and stick the two parts to the relevant surface.
3. During installation, make sure to align the dot marker on each of the two pieces,also ensuring the gap
between the two halves is less than 20mm when the door/window is closed. Use spacers to level the two
pieces up (shown in diagram).
1. Install the contact sensor part onto the fixed non-moving part of the door or window etc (e.g. door frame),
with the magnet piece being placed on the moving part (e.g.door). The fitting surface of doors Windows,etc must be smooth.
2. To get realtime notification anywhere you go, an Apple TV (4th gen or above), HomePod or suitable iPad is required as a Home Hub for remote access. VS1 is exclusively compatible with Apple HomeKit.
Connect your iOS device to the internet and make sure Bluetooth is On, then follow the steps below:
1. Download and open the free VOCOlinc app from the Apple App Store. Download on the App Store
2. Enter "pairing mode" by pressing and holding the button for 5 seconds, until a green LED appears and flashes for 3seconds. Then Tap "+" located at the top left corner on the "Home" menu of the VOCOlinc app. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete pairing.
- The battery must be removed from the device before it is scrapped
- The device must be disconnected from the supply mains(where appropriate) when removing the battery
- The battery is to be disposed of safety
- Using incorrect type batteries can cause damage to people or the accessory
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
-- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
-- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
-- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
-- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
The antenna(s) used for this transmitter must be installed to provide a separation distance of at least 20 cm from all persons and must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Any Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user's authority to operate the equipment.
This device complies with Industry Canada's license-exempt RSSS. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause interference, and (2) This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
In order to avoid the possibility of exceeding the ISEDC radio frequency exposure limits, human proximity to the antenna shall not be less than 20cm (8 inches) during normal operation.